Monday, November 07, 2011

Natural History Museum

There are 15 Museum located in a very small area in Balboa Park in San Diego.  It's a beautiful area, but the only part we'd ever seen was the zoo.  Hank graduated a class of students last week so he had a few days off, one of which we used to go to the Natural History Museum.
I wasn't sure if Parker was going to like it or not (seeing as how she can't even read yet) but it turns out she loved it.
It wasn't a huge museum, but they had a lot of fun displays.
I really need to start putting shoes on this kid, all she wants to do is crawl around and find things to pull herself up on.
The had a really fun penguin exhibit.

Parker was half frightened/half fascinated by all the dinosaurs.


We got to see a 3-d dinosaur movie while we were there.  Actually Park and I saw it while Hank spent half the movie chasing Dally up and down the stairs.
The last exhibit we saw was a rock and mineral exhibit- more interesting then I would have thought.

Balboa park was really pretty to just walk around.  Not all of their museums interested me, but I'd definitely like to go back and see a few more- like the 2 acres of Japanese Gardens.


No comments: