Wednesday, January 23, 2013

California Adventure

I have been wanting to go back to Disney for the last couple of weeks but for various reasons we hadn't gone, so today Parker played hooky from school and we headed up there. 
  I ordered play capes for both the girls that came in yesterday.  It ended up being $10 well spent.  Parker is obsessed with it and wore it all yesterday (she asked to sleep in it and was mad I wouldn't let her), wore it at Disney, and asked to wear it to school tomorrow.  
Henry was ridiculously good while we were there.  He never fussed, he sat in the front of the stroller most of the day and grinned at people.  Just about every Disney employee we came into contact with commented on him and laughed at how funny he was sitting there enjoying himself.  

Dally was so excited to see Goofy again.  I love watching her face light up and seeing her interact with the characters.

Because it's just me with three kids we ended up watching some shows and exploring areas we hadn't really been in the times we had Hank with us.  One of the shows was the Wilderness Explorer Ceremony.  The girls saw Kevin, got to meet Russell, and got their WE badges.

Dally didn't not like this slide but she liked standing at the bottom and yelling at Parker until she came down (the park was pretty empty, there was no one else on the slides so the girls kept this up for a while). 

Please notice the Goofy baby Dally has in her hands, she stole it from Parker a few weeks ago and it now goes everywhere with her. Poor Park got a replacement Mickey baby today as compensation. 

Another show we saw was the live Disney Junior show.  It was a guy on stage singing, dancing, telling a story, and interacting with puppets (muppet style) from Mickey's clubhouse, Little Einsteins, Handy Mandy, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  It was really cute, with lots of fun music and great lighting and effects, even Parker sang along through most of it.  Dally absolutely loved it, and I kept thinking of Victoria who I bet would love it just as much.  

It is really annoying that I can't even keep a shirt on her at Disneyland.

After we saw Flick we rode the caterpillar ride a few times.  Parker loves it because you smell all the foods as you ride through (her favorite is the box of animal crackers).

By the time we got to Cars Land Dally was asleep so we didn't ride any of the rides, just checked out the stores and watched a street performance with DJ.


While Dally slept we walked around and looked for characters but didn't find anymore at California Adventure so we walked over to Disneyland.  We saw Pinocchio first. 

I love when characters take it upon themselves to visit with siblings in the stroller.  Pinocchio spent a solid two minutes (which is a lot when other people are waiting for him) playing with Henry, moving his feet and letting him grab his nose. 
After Pinocchio Park and I decided we were tired and ready to head home.  We had spent at least 5 hours in the park and because it wasn't busy we had gotten to do a lot (they didn't even make us get off the Ariel ride, we just rode it around a few times until we were ready to get off).  It is nice to know that I can handle all three kids on my own there and we can still do a lot, we will definitely be going back soon.



4 comments:

Kim said...

So glad you had such a good time. Great pictures! You are the SUPER mom-Ash!

Kathy said...

How fun for the kids. Loved all the pics.

Michelle said...

yes, i agree...super mom! I can't even take both of mine to the grocery store. Matt does the exact same thing as Dally (one arm out of the shirt). And, who couldn't resist playing with Henry? He is ridiculously cute :)

Kristine said...

Holy super fun! Yes Victoria votes for anything Minnie related.