We made it! We got into Cali on Monday night after four long days of driving. Friday we drove through a snow storm in South Carolina, Georgia, and half of Alabama (what the heck!). And with our motel finally in site couldn't get across the bridge because of ice. Saturday went smoothly, with most of the snow melting. We made it to Humble fairly early and spent some time with the Barrons. Sunday we stopped in San Antonio and had lunch with Hank's parents and brother and continued to get blown around the road all the way to El Paso. Although we got into El Paso late that night we were able to go see Hank's Mom's parents, Sharon and Roger, and then go spend the night with his other grandparents, Hank and Norrice. The next morning we stopped to see his Aunt Linda before we left town, and then we were on our way. Our next stop was in Tucson where we met up with Dave and Kristine and got to have lunch with them. Then on to Cali!
The night we got here Hank and I discovered we had gotten the same bug that Parker had had on Thursday. Luckily only a 24 hour bug, but it made checking in difficult for Hank. As it turns out, our best housing option at this point is in Oneill Heights. We are going to be living in a very nice 3 bedroom, one level house. I really like the house, it has a beautiful view out the back, a huge laundry room, all new appliances, and is on a cul-de-sac. The only downside is that it will take at least 20 minutes to get off base, and more then that for Hank to get to work. In 6 months the development is actually going to be redesignated from officer housing to SNCO housing, but we will have the option to stay if we want, or move to another development. We will see, but for now I think we will want to stay. Our moving van is scheduled to come tomorrow, and then I guess we will officially be residents of cali.
Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I am not sure where my camera is at this point. As soon as I locate it I will take lots of pictures.
2 comments:
If you had time to post, on our way, you could have at least put a picture of the Park up for us! Wah wah wah!
I'm glad you guys made it safely. Sorry we missed you guys when you were here Sunday. We thought Sammy would be asleep, but she wasn't, so we were going to stop by, but our deadbolt to our front door jammed and I had to disassemble the lock leaving us with no way to lock the door if we left. It was just a really bad night. We really want to visit in June sometime :)
Post a Comment