Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bye Bye Daddy.

Today was a really hard day. I was ready for it, but it doesn't make it any easier. Nor does sitting in a quiet house, knowing that it will be a year before he is here again(except 2 weeks in August). Parker is doing ok so far, except it took her a long time to go to sleep, I think she was waiting for him. I went to work after he left, and that really helped me keep it all together.

It was beautiful out today, in the 70's i think.

Mostly we waited in the parking lot, but once we went into the building so that Hank could go to the bathroom. While we were waiting a nice looking, well dressed, older lady came over to talk to me. Hank came back and she introduced herself to him. Apparently it was the general's wife. Oops.. Hank just shook his head and laughed at me as we left...

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for putting up the pictures. They made me cry, but I'm glad to see them. We love you all.

Kirsty Michaelis said...

We'll keep him in our prayers! Don't let the silence drive you crazy :).